Formerly used as a fungicide in copper-lime dust. For control of algae, pond weeds in impounded potable waters; use in potable water, irrigation water conveyance systems; root control in sewers; algae, tadpole shrimp in rice. For bacterial and fungal control on citrus, field crops, vegetables, small fruits, tree crops and vines.
Various crystal sizes: medium, large liquid, powder (snow) form, granular, water soluble.
Blue color with no odor. Absorbs moisture readily when exposed to air.
Mode of Action / Resistance Management
Mode of Action
Causes imbalance of copper with other enzyme metal cofactors, resulting in enzyme blockage
Fish: LC5031 mg/l (rainbow trout). Bee: Toxic
(Rat): Oral LD50 470 mg/kg. Nontoxic dermally or by inhalation. Corrosive to eyes. Causes severe skin irritation
Harmful if absorbed through skin or inhaled. May cause skin sensitization reactions in certain individuals. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, clothing, or breathing dust
Long-sleeved shirt and long pants. Chemical-resistant gloves. Protective eyewear. Shoes plus socks.
Get medical aid. Eyes: hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue to rinse eye. Skin: remove contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Ingestion: sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do NOT induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Inhalation: move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably by mouth to mouth, if possible