China MoA Proposes to Ban 2,4-D butylate and Flubendiamide Use on Rice
On 9 May 2016, China Ministry of Agriculture solicited public opinions to impose the control measure on 8 pesticides, according to an article from ChemLinked by REACH24H Consulting Group. The domestic use of 2,4-D butylate and paraquat would be phased out and the use flubendiamide on rice will be prohibited as of 1 Jul 2018. The exportation of the concerning pesticides will remain unaffected.
ICAMA proposed periodically suspension on the renewal of existing registration and approval of new application. The indigenous pesticide producers can maintain the overseas market as the registration for export-only purpose will be continued:
- The acceptance and approval on field trail, new application and registration renewal for domestic use of all 2,4-D butylate products should be suspended. The manufacturers of technical grade product can maintain the registration by altering the registration category into export only purpose;
- The acceptance and approval of field trial, new application and registration renewal of all dicofol pesticides will be suspended. In view of the indigenous manufacturing of dicofol technical has been ceased since May of 2014, all registered formulated products will have an unified expiration date on 30 Jun 2016 and the domestic use and marketing of dicofol will be terminated on 1 Jul 2018;
- The toxicological classification of paraquat will be rated as “highly toxic”. The acceptance and approval of field trail, new application and the registration renewal should be discontinued, with the exception of registration under export only purpose by the manufacturers of technical grade;
- All flubendiamide registrations on rice should be terminated and the use will thus be prohibited as of 1 Jul 2018;
- The registration of carbonfuran, thimet and isofenphos-methyl products on sugarcane should be cancelled and the usage will be prohibited as of 1 Jul 2018;
- The aluminum phosphide product should be packaged with double-layer packing, ensuring the waterproof, damp-proof and gas leak-proof function. The inner layer should be designed to facilitate the fumigation and prevent the skin contact of the product. Both the inner and outer packing should be label with the toxicity symbol, the phase”It is prohibited to use the product in indoor condition with people and animal” and appropriate precaution. Products with packages do not meet the requirement will not allowed to be sold or utilized from 1 Jul 2018;
The public consultation will end on 25 May 2016.