International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition Highlights Emerging Trends in Agrochemicals Market
The 14th International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition (ICSCE 2019) organized by Pesticides Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India (PMFAI) took place in Gurugram, New Delhi NCR, India on 14-15 November 2019.
The two-day event made an auspicious beginning with warm welcome address by PMFAI President Mr. Pradip Dave. ICSCE is an international platform for agrochemical/pesticide companies to develop strategic and sourcing relationships with international pesticide companies and to get updated on current trends in the agrochemicals market. The annual event improves the health of the generic pesticide industry and brings ag researchers, pesticide manufacturers, agrochemical traders, and allied industry under one roof. ICSCE provided opportunity for business expansion by way of joint ventures, bilateral trade, sub-contracting / contract manufacturing, and distribution and networking opportunities for buyers and sellers to benefit mutually.
Padma Vibhushan recipient Dr. Raghunath Mashelkar, National Research Professor and President, Global Research Alliance, delivered the keynote speech in the inaugural session at ICSCE 2019. “We are sure, the positive messages from the speech of Dr. Mashelkar will reverberate in the minds of all participants for a long time,” Dave said.
With 2,000-plus attendees and more than 1,000 registered delegates, the event was a resounding success. Countries represented included Australia, Argentina, Abidan, Brazil, Belgium, Bangladesh, China, Chile, Columbia, Charlotte, Egypt, Ethiopia, Europe, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Kenya, Kuwait, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Netherlands, Norway, Palestine, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Syria, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Tanzania, U.S., United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Vietnam.
The event hosted renowned pesticide scientists and industry experts, who gave presentations on various important topics, brief details of which are as given below:
- Overview of South Eastern Market and Registration Procedures – Dr. Piyatida (Tung) Pucklai – Regional Business Development Director (Asia Pacific), Dr. Knoell Consult, Thai Co. Ltd.
- Novel benign and sustainable adjuvant delivery systems for Agrochemicals and Biosolutions – Mr. Rene Haensel (Global Head-R&D), Evonik Industries AG.
- Workshop: Overview of Indian Agriculture – Emphasis on Market, Registration Procedure, Know-how of Chemistry & Indian Exports.
- Chemical Capabilities of Indian Crop Protection Companies – Mr. Vijay Rai, Chairman, Akola Chemicals India Ltd.
- Indian Agriculture & Crop Protection Market – Mr. Anil Kakkar, Vice President, Marketing, Sumitomo India Ltd.
- Export Potential for Crop Protection Products from India – Mr. Subra Jyoti Roy, Vice President – Intl. Business, Rallis India Ltd.
- Registration & Regulatory Compliance for Crop Protection in India – Dr. A. Kuppuswamy, Sr. G.M. & Head, Regulatory Affairs, Coromandel International Ltd.
- New Generation Surfactants for Pesticide Formulation – Mr. Marc Balastre, Business Development Manager for Agro, Solvay Singapore.
- Govt. of India’s Research on Seaweed based Biostimulants for enhancing Crop Productivity and alleviation of Biotic and Abiotic stress and LSPB Soil Application through ZEOLITE granules – Mr. Reza Jivani, Managing Director, Vikas Crop Care & Dr. Arup Ghosh, Principal Scientist (Head – Agronomy Department), CSIR-CSMCRI (Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute).
- Droplet Drying & Deposit Formation a new tool in Adjuvancy – Dr. Hrushikesh Mirgal, Croda India Ltd.
- Microbes will rule the biological space in Sustainable Agriculture – Founder & CMD, Ms. Sandeepa Kanitkar, Kanbiosys Pvt. Ltd.
- Sustainability Trends in Agrochemical Research and Development – Dr. Bhanu Manjunath, Director, Research & Technology Centre, Syngenta Biosciences Pvt. Ltd.
- High Load Macro and Micronutrients suspensions in water: A universal and versatile dispersing agent – Dr. Filippo Quaglia, Sr. Researcher for Agrochemical Formulations at Lamberti spa.
- Green Chemistry: from biomass to sustainable solutions for Agriculture – Dr. Arnold Demaere, Minafin Group of Belgium.
- Driving Solutions for Surfactant Systems in Agrochemical Formulations – Dr. G. Hema Sagar, Dow.
- Workshop: Global Agrochemical Market 2018/2019 with future prospects and with a particular focus on the U.S. market including the Registration Procedures, Status of India GSP benefits, status of U.S./China Trade and Market – Dr. Bob Fairclough, Principal Consultant, AgriGlobe®, Kleffman Group & Dr. Puran Mal, Team Manager, Amis® AgriGlobe®, Kleffmann Group.
The above presentations and workshops greatly helped participants in gaining knowledge on global agrochemicals market and emerging trends in agrochemical business. With greater participation by key players in the global agrochemical market, the participants appreciated the event.
Source: The Pesticides Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India