Isagro USA Focuses Upon Bio-Solutions for Crop Production Challenges
Isagro USA, Inc. is launching this year an ever-expanding bio-solutions portfolio designed to serve growers seeking to meet consumer demand for more bio-based and organic food production.
“Building a dynamic portfolio of bio-based and organic crop protection and plant beneficial nutrient products has been our priority for several years in the United States,” according to John Paul Du Pre, Executive Chairman, Isagro USA. “This expanding portfolio of products will serve growers with an ever-widening range of bio-based solutions in 2017 and beyond,” said Mike Allan, President Isagro USA.
Isagro USA’s parent company, Italian based Isagro S.p.A., is a global discovery and research company that manufactures and markets both bio-based and conventional chemistry products in more than 80 countries. Since 2006 Isagro has brought select products to U.S. crop producers, including the brands METTLE fungicide, BADGE copper fungicides, DOMARK fungicide and more. In late 2013, Isagro announced a distribution agreement with Gowan USA to market selected tetraconazole and copper-based products for the U.S. marketplace.
Emphasis for 2017 and the future
Since 2013, Isagro USA has been focused on building upon its proprietary based portfolio of DOMINUS soil biofumigant, to assist producers of high value crops like strawberry and tomato to effectively control soil-borne pests, BIO-TAM 2.0 for soil diseases (Phytophthora, Fusarium) and foliar diseases with emphasis on grape vine pruning diseases along with TAMARACK and TAMARACK NATURE amino acid protein based fertilizers for plant health. “As part of the success of DOMINUS in the bio-solutions sector,” Du Pre explains, “our U.S. path was clear in terms of bringing other products to this growing category of crop protection and plant nutrition with a mixture of bio-based biopesticides and OMRI-Listed products.”
Current products include:
- BIO-TAM 2.0 – A biorational fungicide providing outstanding disease protection in fruit and vegetable crops, and is OMRI-Listed for organic production.
- DOMINUS – A broad spectrum soil biofumigant that effectively controls important soil-borne fungi, nematodes, weeds and insects.
- KENTAN DF – A copper hydroxide bactericide/fungicide that offers a number of key benefits, including a higher degree of rainfastness in a quality DF formulation compared to other brands, and is OMRI-Listed for organic production.
- SPEAR T – A new bioinsecticide for treatment of thrips, whiteflies and spider mites on greenhouse vegetables. Field trials of Spear-T demonstrate that results are equivalent or superior to conventional control chemicals.
- TAEGRO 2 – A biofungicide that provides broad-spectrum protection of major soil-borne and foliar diseases, and is OMRI-Listed for organic production.
- TAMARACK – An animal protein based fertilizer (10-0-0) that offers significant benefits in crop productivity and during times of plant stress.
- TAMARACK NATURE – A plant based fertilizer (2.5-0-0) that improves crop productivity and promotes plant vigor in agricultural, greenhouse, turf and ornamental crops.
- TENET WP – A bio-rational fungicide from two strains of Trichoderma that can be soil-applied and is OMRI-Listed for organic production.
- VENTUS – A powerful foliar fungicide that can be used as an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) rotational partner with both conventional and biological products. Ventus combines a systemic and a contact fungicide to provide broad spectrum control of the listed foliar plant pathogens.
Several other products being sourced through Isagro S.p.A. and other exclusive manufacturer agreements are nearing launch in 2017-2018.
“Our goal is to become one of the leading sources of bio-based and organic crop production solutions in the United States,” Allan said.