Cutting Edge Conferences: Meister Media to Host Precision Agriculture and Biocontrols Events
Biological control products and precision agriculture are among the fastest growing and most promising areas of growth for the crop protection market.
As a leader in the agriculture market, Meister Media, the publisher of AgriBusiness Global and several other leading agriculture publications, will be hosting a pair of conferences that bring together thought leaders and provide cutting edge content in these areas.
Biocontrols Mexico (biocontrolsconference.com/mexico/) will take place 14-15 September at the Hilton Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico.
This is the third of four Biocontrol events organized by the Meister brand. Biocontrols USA West took place in Reno, NV, in March, followed by Biocontrols Africa, spearheaded by AgriBusiness Global, in Cape Town, South Africa, in July. The final Biocontrols event will be Biocontrols USA East (biocontrolsconference.com/usa-east/), which will take place in October at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando, FL.
Among the many programs Biocontrols Mexico will feature are:
- Jose Cosme Guerrero Ruiz will explain how the use of marine algae in agriculture stimulates growth, promotes the flowering and mooring of fruits, allowing the plant greater production and quality.
- Rosa María Giménez Ferrer will present on biological insecticides based on Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) high effectiveness and selectivity against lepidopteran pest larvae, low impact on the environment, harm to biological control agents (parasites and predators), pollinators and safety for the applicator; Are undoubtedly one of the most valuable tools in modern production systems such as organic and sustainable agriculture.
- Mauricio Navarro Garcia will cover the physiological foundations of stress management (water, saline, thermal, cold, etc.) in high value crops (tomatoes, peppers, strawberries) and review biostimulant substances involved in the defense of plants to these stressors.
PrecisionAg® Vision Conference
Digital technology in agriculture is in the process of revolutionizing the industry. From crop protection and fertilizer to seed and equipment, the potential benefits of integrating emerging technology to improve efficiency, profitability, and service to farmers is staggering.
Identifying these key products and trends, and helping the industry understand what a more technology-centric future will mean at every level of the industry is the main focus of the Second annual PrecisionAg® Vision Conference, 10-12 October, 2017 in Phoenix, AZ.
Conference delegates will learn from experts and highly experienced individuals who are working on important technologies and techniques, including the following:
- Vincent Restucci of RD Offutt, the largest producer of potatoes in the United States and one of the most technologically integrated growing operations in the country, explains how technology allows it to keep its many divisions operating as a cohesive whole.
- Representatives from the Big Three equipment manufacturers, John Deere, Case IH and AGCO share their views on where technology is headed in the future for big equipment
- Separate breakout sessions for specialty and row crop technology look at key topics for each market area, including smart irrigation, sensors and the Internet of Things, robotics and autonomous equipment.
- A special networking session allows attendees to sit in on quick, 5-minute meetings to increase the number of contacts made and add value to the experience.
- Lunches and two receptions allows for maximum interaction and enhanced attendee value. Visit www.precisionagvision.com for a full agenda and registration details.
For more on these events:
Hilton Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico
September 14-15, 2017
PrecisionAg Vision Conference
Renaissance Glendale Hotel & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona
October 10-12, 2017