The editors at AgriBusinessGlobal.com always get excited putting together our website’s list of the most-read stories of the year. To us, it reveals a lot about how our audience feels about the global crop protection market. What did you find interesting? Share-worthy? Shocking?
You loved the stories about mergers and acquisitions. What will the top 10 crop protection companies look like, post mega-mergers?
You were intrigued by the Chinese supply crunch. What options and opportunities do post-patent players and retailers have as the unknowns of supply constraints and consolidation from the Big 6 to the Big 3 take hold? Is it 2008 all over again?
You were curious about the crop protection market in India. Is “Make in India” poised to end the tide of booming Chinese exports? And how is AgroStar leading the way to simplify India’s distribution?
And you paid close attention to news about changes in the distribution channel. What’s the Farmers Business Network next move? And what factors — both legacy and new — are combining to set the stage for some dramatic alterations to how ag retailers operate their businesses?
From the 652 stories we posted on AgriBusinessGlobal.com in 2017, here are the Top 10. Check them out if you missed them the first time around, or if you want to read them again.
- Is it 2008 All Over Again? Chinese Supply Crunch Hits Crop Protection Players
- How AgroStar Is Leading the Way to Simplify India’s Distribution
- The Top 10 Crop Protection Companies, Post Mega-Mergers
- Flying Under the Radar No More, FMC Goes Big
- Some Pesticide Prices Climb 30% in One Month
- The ‘Perfect Storm’ for Distribution Channel Change
- Crop Protection Market Pressure Leading to Supplier Consolidation
- The Path Ahead for M&A
- China’s New Pesticide Rules Change How Products Are Brought to Market
- India’s Time: Reforms to Shake Up the Sector